Saturday, June 20, 2020

2020 And We Just Finished Off The First Half?


Am I the only one who feels like "I can't believe half the year is already gone?" And am I the only one who feels like we have spent at the least double time in those 6 months feeling more like 12 months?

And "Holy Goat Bat Girl " the amazing thing is  I keep thinking back to last year this time. I was living in a time warp. In nine months I became a widow, lived through lots of weather , put a house on 42 acres on sale, sold same with 45 day escrow (it was the livestock clause lol) , purchased a house I had never seen in person but my family had . Everyone needs a good posse bless them :-). Moved this entire farm for the third time  in 13 years. All in the same amount of time I could have brought another child into the world. Just a comparison mind you.

So I also feel very absentee here in blog land. I know I have kicked  a few "shorts" out to y'all and blathered about just wait until you see what is next. But I will be darned if I ever got that far. And I am now at the other side of the tunnel and still am not sure what caused my lack of follow through. I can compile a list of reasons  excuses but what the heck no.

I even contemplated riding off into the sunset on Longfellow ( my 12 year old still stunning as ever buck boy)  but it never happened. I could see the news with photos at eleven . Gently geriatric woman and aged LaMancha ride into sunset during pandemic and OMG  both sans mask ! But it gets quiet enough around here and what would I do without you all? I even tossed social distancing and started occasionally posting on Instagram. But I felt as if I am cheating on friends. Sigh. . .

So I will pick up where I left off and sort out photos while I tackle the last 10 months which encompassed three major projects although I believe I pretty much did justice to the huge fencing project . I will begin with the whole house generator  have even had to use it twice since it was put in place. I love it <3

I promise to then regale you in the log cabin restoration , moving of the laundry room from the bedroom closet to the shop. The chicken coop and coop yard you have seen but a few doodads  have been added as recently as last Sunday.




Helen 2005-2020
Blind but brave the most amazing cat I have been blessed to share life with.
Little one you certainly proved by how you lived your life that attitude is everything. 
Inspired all who knew you and your story.


5 comments:

Goatldi said...


You have absolutely no need to apologize for whatever shortcomings you (and only you) may feel for the last year-plus that you have so graciously (and bravely) survived, m'dear. I've know you for only a (relatively) short time and admire you greatly. Having said that, your posts are always entertaining, informative and interesting to read so any time you can fit blogging into your schedule, I for one will love it.

Your dear Helen. Hard to imagine how she has made it with you through all her years. Attitude really IS everything and if I were to ever feel compelled to get a tattoo, those particular words might just be it.

Mama Pea

Leigh said...

Aw, I'm so sorry about Helen. It's always so, so sad to lose them. :(

You've had an extremely eventful year. I'm impressed with how well you've adapted, even if you do sometimes think about escaping into the sunset. :)

The days, weeks, and months are all passing by too quickly. I can't believe how behind I am!

Mama Pea said...

No, no, no, I didn't think for a minute you were fishing for kudos! Often when I write one of my posts, I wonder if I'm taken that way, but I'm just laying it all out . . . what happened, what went wrong, why I'm tired, what have been the bumps in the road. Not asking for any pats on the back or encouragement but just using my blog as a journal for the reality of what's going on. And I know I appreciate anyone else who writes with honesty as you do.

Goatldi said...

Thank you Leigh Helen is missed by all. If I remember to look at some point I will post her
Great adventure post.

If I ever escape I think I will choose the sunrise it is cooler then 😂

What is odd is that I have to kick myself to remember it is less then two years since Geoffrey passed. I think that because we packed so much into the time is what makes me surprised at the reality of it only being 21 months instead of what feels like 21 years at moments. Isn’t time the oddest dimension?

Goatldi said...

Awe MP you are better than sliced bread! I do understand and appreciate it. I think being raised by parents of strong midwestern stock like so many of us first generation Californians were as I was was brought up to get ‘er no whining and family takes care of its own. Toss in a Mama one of eleven farm raised kids it was expected one grew up tough with grit.