Sunday, July 2, 2023

So Much Has Changed Here

 


This is what happens when you don’t blog in almost a year, except for blurbs here and there. When Sherman crossed the Bridge it left a hole for two and four paw creatures. I was determined not to make a quick decision and it was almost September with a lot of seasonal items to fill the coming months. Please remember this is the woman who said I don't want a puppy. However when I got an email from my friend and whose family have raised Great Pyrenees for at least 60 years asking if I knew of anyone who wanted a working pup all that went into the dish water. I got both Spinner and Sherman from Angie . I still had Sherman's bonded partner Yarrow at the age of eleven she was looking at retirement in the face or at least slowing down. "Well what are the lines?" Angie began to rattle off  a pedigree that had some very familiar names. This litter had Sherman's litter in the background. I hesitated to get a single puppy as Yarrow expected life span is 3 years , possibly 4 years tops. If I only got one then in a few years I would be looking for a buddy that one who was bonded to Yarrow. Deep breath knowing there was an outside possibility the pup could out-live me. I am not planning on it but I like to cover all bases when it comes to my critters . I feel it is the responsible thing to do . Another deep breath " Angie would you let me take two males?" So here I am going from no puppies to two. Apparently I had lost my mind. Well of course she would and that is a wonderful idea. So the contract was ironed out I would neuter them as I had no interest in breeding and as Angie has done for so many years she agreed to take the boys back if for any reason I could no longer care for them. They are AKC  and have fancy names  but their call names are Storm and Cirrus as the litter was whelped in a January snow storm . Therefore the litters theme was winter weather. I picked them up at 3 months and they are now almost 7 months. They are typical teenage male Pyrenees full of this and that . Know a laundry list of commands and expectations. They are geniuses one day and the next day I toss out a command and they look at each other as if  they are thinking "do you know what she wants? I have no clue oh well!" More photos will crop up including previous ones at younger stages


.    
And here they are more recently having a good chew in front of the new barn door that I had installed the Spring. And I’m going to let this go for right now and I will be back. I know you’ve heard those words before there were a lot of events this year. A lot of incredible things a lot of amazing things and I think I’m going to walk backwards in time and share them with you but for now welcome to my world Great Pyrenees Central. 💕




7 comments:

Leigh said...

A lovely story and two adorable pups! They are so lucky that you made room in your heart and home for them. What does Yarrow think?

Anonymous said...

Well, since they were only three months old when they came here and they were definitely fuzzball‘s she wasn’t warming up to them and I didn’t expect her to. I just wanted her to train them to be good working dogs, and Angie‘s dogs are pretty much self starters anyway, but it doesn’t hurt to have a little bit of confidence added, so she would growl at them and then at one point when they were on common ground out in the barnyard, she would run away from them but I finally realize she’s never seen a puppy. She was scared. She had no clue they were dogs they were puppies. They were things that wanted to be with her and she kept running and it’s taking a little bit but they are good now when the puppy hair started falling out and the size changed tremendously it was almost like oh you’re a dog aren’t you and I’m sure it will only continue to get better.

Anonymous said...

Apparently, I figured it out see below

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Ha! Two? Oh my! We are without dogs for the first time in many many years. Once we are done with all renovations, we are considering putting up a dog fence and looking into getting a dog. Heck, we don't even have any barn cats now either. I do need a few though. Congrats!

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

It is so nice to see a post from you! You, no doubt, have your hands full with the two new additions. I'm looking forward to future farm posts, which I always love. -Jenn

Goatldi said...

Than you Kristina!
They most certainly keep me laughing. I cannot imagine not having critters in my life. It may be a little bit different if I wasn’t living totally by myself, but since I am certainly fill some of the empty spaces do come up when you are a single person living alone there’s always somebody to talk to you whether they want you to or not.

Goatldi said...

Thank you also Jenn. I am wading through the new tricks in Bloggers book to answer from approval. Yikes! Seems they can't leave format alone.