Monday, September 14, 2020

Monday Morning

       

Coffee on the porch with a twist of smoke and ash



Look who is here for a short visit to help Gammie with more wood stacking chores.


And on the back porch the weather is cool with a touch 
of  ash and smoke


Greetings and beautiful blue sky’s with big puffy clouds .  My brother in law is with his Mama in her home in Mexico. She and her late husband have dual citizenship and her son is helping her with some items there.

On the fire front 212,744 acres gone as of last night. 10% containment. The heavy smoke and clouds of the last week have kept the spread of the fire suppressed but with the winds expected today that could change. So we are living with a double edged sword.  The air gets better the fire could become more aggressive. 

Miss. Claire and I will brave the great outdoors and see what we can get done in her short time here. 


PS
For anyone who wants very accurate information here is a link to the CalFire incident page. I hope I takes you directly to Creek Fire our current fire. 

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2020/9/4/creek-fire/




.

4 comments:

linnellnickerson@gmail.com said...

Beautiful granddaughter! It's wonderful she's there to help you and to keep you company!!I watch the news to keep track of what's going on with the fire. Not liking what I see! How devastating. Keep yourself and the animals safe. It looks with smoke in your picture it's getting close! Take care!

Mama Pea said...

Good you've got company (and an extra pair of hands) for a while. Hope the two of you have a good visit. Don't over-exert with that terrible air quality coming into your lungs. I know you have to keep going and doing, but just listen to your body. And take your vitamins!

Goatldi said...

Thanks Mom😊

Will do. And yes I took my zinc and my herbal allergy capsule. Plus a bit of elderberry on the side.

Leigh said...

That is the sweetest picture of Claire and Little Dude M! The smokiness is worrisome though. I'm glad you're taking some herbal protection for your lungs. Continued prayers for you and everyone living under threat of smoke and fire.