Sunday, April 18, 2021

Just When You Thought She Was Never Coming Back

 

The Dude has become my Ginger Maine Coon companion. No I don't know if he is any Maine Coon but I do know he weights 15 to 20 pounds . Trust me when I heft him my back protest loudly. He is NOT FAT he is solid as a rock at a bit over a year old. He is also a amazing hunter most likely due to his early months  living in a feral colony. But he loves me intensely and his favorite spot at night is on my lap getting a paw massage. Pathetic ? Yes but who cares not me!



I don't believe I ever posted  a photo of the new wood stove. It is from Pacific Energy and AMAZING. Am I excited? You bet it heats up to 2000 square feet and my living area have migrated up into the 72 degree range with repeated accuracy .  It also has a fan which pretty much manages to push the heat around my stubborn corner that goes around the kitchen island and then down the short hall to my bedroom.  Since installment wasn't until early March I haven't used it as much as I would if the weather was colder. But the times it has I give it an A+.




Flowers are a Spring passion. The wreath on the front door ( please note mat below) was one of a two piece set on sale for 50% off at Creekside Nursery in Mariposa. The nursery is one of my happy places.

The kitchen window cuties are from one of my stops to Trader Joe's when I happen to be in Fresno for appointments. Good price and very fresh. They have become a picker upper for me . I will eventually plant flowers galore but this year there are other fish to fry.





In descending order geraniums and the planter also Creekside Nursery. The planter another 50% off end of season find.  The signage is of course family and was made by Aubrey grandgirl number one. The adorable piggy sponge was in a basket of fun from one of my sweet "adoptive " grandgirls from long time friends.


                  My new hummer feeder that hangs in the garden in progress with one of my hummer family                                                                                   giving it a go.


Another surprise in store  mid May. You have most likely guessed but wait till you see who is coming.



The two photos above is what you don't want to see when you open your stock trailer door. This is not my first rodeo with this issue. It is a good trailer but the company should have made adjustments to the style of hinges they used for a door that large. That is all I am saying as I look for a welder who can handle aluminum.


New orchard! Front is an Arkansas Black and behind it a 
Johnathan . 


The Stella cherry tree.

 



Two tiny bare root peaches an Elberta Peach.


Lastly a Black Mission Fig. 

With guarded optimism I am calling the orchard a success for now. As we all know anything can and will happen in the orchard and garden!









Speaking of garden. Spring sprung early this year . We have cool to chilly nights still but days are in low to mid seventies. I need to do confession time now. No false advertising here. I added a new above ground planter. I needed more space and with all going on at this point something had to go. I found the lovely 48 square inches at the nursery. The price was good but it is p-l-a-s-t-i-c. The price of wood has shot up exponentially and I have just about used most of my left over pieces so I purchased it for a fraction of what wood would have cost to make it. I also gave myself some grace and and purchased starter plants for the most part. There I have confessed my cheating ways now I can sleep tonight. 



There is more much more. Which is partially why I have been a flake of late. More on that later. Hope you enjoy the update and that my momentum doesn't fail me now. Enjoy the coming week!






12 comments:

Leigh said...

Everything looks so good!!! Well, except the trailer doors. Your new heater sounds fantastic, although I hope your warm weather persists.

Yes, the price of lumber has shot up beyond reason. Pushes us to choices we otherwise wouldn't have made.

Mama Pea said...

It seems to be a rule in blogging that when you have the most to share, there's no time for sharing! Great post to get us (partly?) caught up to date with what's been going on in your busy life. Love all the pictures. I'll stay tuned for more to come. But no pressure as I well know there are only so many hours in the day!

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Nice to hear from you! I'd take a raised bed, any way I could get it. The price of wood has risen here, too. It is not cheating if you buy already started plants, you still have to care for them and protect them. Are you getting layer chicks or meat birds? -Jenn

wyomingheart said...

What a wonderful post! So much happening. I love your new stove, and that handsome Dude, is outstanding! I find that rubbing a cats paw is very soothing to mine soul!...just sayin! Your confession is accepted, by one who knows the moments of living life! I opted for metal beds this year, myself. I am very happy with them. Have a perfect week!

Goatldi said...

Thanks Leigh! Yup wood is expensive to the point of unreasonable. The good news is when people get back to work and aren’t at home doing home improvement projects it will get better. Supply and demand. This comes from several contractors I know who have lived long enough to have seen this before. For different reasons. May put off the coop enlargement project until Fall though.

Goatldi said...

MP yes that and I finally just jumped in and did it. I have organized my own twelve step program for slacker bloggers. 😂

Some times one just needs to jump into the abyss and hope you land on your feet.

Goatldi said...

Thanks Jenn. What address would you like me to send the raised bed kit to? It is now known as “Garden Bling”.
As everything else in the garden is totally repurposed .
And mum is the word on the future inhabitants of the brooder . Don’t you just love the suspense?😝

Goatldi said...

Well I did leave you a message reply this morning apparently blogger ate it. But I agree nothing is more cathartic then massaging cat paws.

It is also very good reason to sit down and stop moving for a while and enjoy some creature comforts.

Thank you very much I like my stove too it’s just amazing .I loved the old one but it just wasn’t as effective as it was 45 years ago apparently LOL. But it is an iconic homesteaders Stove and I hated to see her go.

Nancy In Boise said...

What a pretty cat! I love Trader Joe's flowers I buy them periodically to and their house plants are very nice and healthy. Your wood stove looks great! I keep trying to get my husband to let me buy a small one but he keeps vetoing it. I want a nice small Scandinavian one just with a nice little window. I need to put out my hummingbird feeders to it's warming up. Looks like you have some chicks coming! Congrats. That is a bummer with the welding on your trailer looks like they need bigger hinges or something. We're getting lots of eggs to right now but a little early on the garden

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Spring looks great there. Spring arrived early then we were slammed with snow and cold today. I am so glad I covered plants. The stove looks great and sounds like a great purchase.

Goatldi said...

Funny that Kristina. We had wind , rain, hail and snow . Then it began looking like we were jumping into Spring with nights into the low 40's days low to mid 70's. So I planted and now we are dipping down again plus the local nursery cautioned on their Instagram today to keep a good eye on the night temps. Sounds as if I might have some covering to do.Ugh.

Better covered than frozen.

linnellnickerson@gmail.com said...

You've been a very busy girl!! Love your cat too!! It does look a lot like a Maine Coon Cat. Years ago My husband and I went to Maine to see the Cats. Amazing cats and they were big and beautiful. Looks like a great stove. As long as it keeps you warm that's what you need. Great start on your garden and orchid. xo