Tuesday, June 11, 2019

I Shaved My Legs For This?


Tada ! First showing under my belt. Now mind you I am not a novice to this house selling and showing rodeo. So when I got a call from my realtor during dinner and the latest episode of Barnwood Builders ( one of few shows on real TV I watch) I almost swallowed my plate whole. We had a showing scheduled within an hour or two of the whole thing going live as it is now called on the internet. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/25550-Ash-Creek-Rd_Anderson_CA_96007_M29335-44960

Just in case you have been dying to know what my place looks like - NOT!

At any rate after having sold a house in the great reality disaster of 2006 I sorta kinda know my stuff and the drill. To be technical that house went on the market in 2008 as some of you may know of one needs to wait two years after the purchase to market it as to avoid the capital gains taxes. And then it sat and it sat and it sat. Not selling until 2011 with a huge hit to our pocket book. Because no we didn't get even close to what we paid for it. Sigh, let us not talk of that now.

Marketing a house is something close to living in purgatory even with a good realtor.  One's whole life revolves around showing and keeping it clean to show. So if we include my current journey I will have danced this dance 3 times in 12 years since we sold the Fresno farm to current. I WILL NOT HAVE TO DANCE THIS DANCE AGAIN EVER. Just wanted to make that clear as I was cleaning bathrooms prior to my shower at 9:30 PM . And setting my internal alarm to wake prior to even when the recycle truck rumba's down our street pre 5 AM. So I could do touch ups after regular chores and let myself breath.

So interested buyers arrived twenty minutes early thank God I planned for some down time so I was ready when my 16 paws alert went off.  They were here for thirty minutes. It will be interesting to see what comes of this.The real estate folks know all this stuff to a T. Short visit are likely to garner little to none, long visits may but may also just be looky lues or folks who aren't even in the market they were just bored that day. Or "Gee Fred I have never seen a totally off grid home let's go check it out!" If they only know what a responsible home owner drags themselves through to make sure their home is ready to really shine. If you don't believe me ask the goats whose barn cleaning (and I mean close to having the health department show up) has been delayed either from rain, getting the initial pre marketing stuff done or as in today losing a barn day to make sure all is at the ready.

Then there is all the home showing etiquette. Owners are basically expected to greet at door and then exit away from showing as not to intimidate potential buyers. Today is a good example of that when I mentioned I had a blind cat and would they please be mindful not to let the cat out the wife asked wide eyed "you have cats?" To with I replied with a smile "I am a vet tech I have just about one of everything. But I do have 3 house cats."  Eyes still wide " I am allergic to cats really bad." Ok I was good I didn't reply with something like " And it never once entered your mind you may encounter cats while visiting potential homes?" I smiled and simply said " Well they are all hiding out and I cleaned as if it was the second coming just for you." OK I didn't say quite that but you get the idea.

They did appear to be nice folks and if this home tickles their fancy I hope they know I plan to hire a team of professional cleaners on my dime to make their new home safe for them. 



13 comments:

Mama Pea said...

And the fun begins! (Fun? What fun? Who said there was any fun in having weird people -- oops, I mean potential buyers -- troop through your home?) Your property and home look super-duper A-1 and I would think someone is going to snap it up PDQ.

Hang in there and keep us updated. Hugs.

Goatldi said...

Thank you and I feel you are RO (right on). we shall see . Your support means the world to me. Heck I may add a few sheep in your honor 😊

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Best of luck! That is one spotless home!! -Jenn

Goatldi said...

Thanks. I know what you mean it scares me 😱

wisps of words said...

You have a whole lot of house, etc. there!!!!! And it certainly looks ready to sell!!!! Just forget the first 'lookers'. ,-)

Good luck!

✨💛✨

Susan said...

Oh, I do love that comeback. I think you should have said that you cleaned as if it was the second coming. Crikey. If I had to show my house to potential buyers at this point in time, I would just say - bring a shovel. High ho!

Goatldi said...

Well I am what is known as a motivated seller. Heck I am almost ready to put out a plate of cookies 😂

Leigh said...

Your place is definitely someone's dream waiting to come true!

Goatldi said...

Thanks for your support Leigh. And I totally agree. As we have said before it is a good thing we all don’t want the same thing.

In fact we had a second showing on last Thursday a young family with two little boys one in arms. They have horses.

And tomorrow we have a third showing scheduled. My realtor is a bit surprised as we are so “remote”. I told him Geoffrey and I can’t be the only folks who love this type of lifestyle!

Lynne said...

Been there done that and it can be kind of a pain, but the rewards are usually good. I got to build a new house without a mortgage. Hopefully you'll be able to do something the same. Xo

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

I totally feel your pain! I got the yin to sell in 2012 and sold in 2017. God has a plan but I gotta tell you...He about killed me with this one.
Praying for you, Miss T.

Goatldi said...

Miss Sandra. Believe me I have taken copious notes from your journey. I have angels placed in this humbling God driven journey. I have felt so blessed on this road.

Thank you for the support!

Goatldi said...

Lynne I appreciate your support and would love to hear more of your journey!