Saturday, July 20, 2019

When Did Three Weeks Come To Constitute A Lifetime?



 The view from the gate in mid June and up still. The three bows were hand made by the young woman below.Yikes did I use the word woman as descriptive  in a sentence about my second oldest grandgirl?  Where did the time go as she is 20 years of age now. Em posing below with the reptile at a crafts store in Chico, Ca.


Em as so many of my sweet family have done since Geoffrey's passing in November has made several trips up and is always very helpful. We had a great three days and got a lot done. Currently she is at home after taking her entrance test for the police academy (yikes) near her home. I love that both my oldest girls have chosen public service jobs as a potential career.


Veggie photos got a few squash but mostly Sunbrust Tomatoes and lemon cukes. Some terrific radishes before it became too hot and they bolted. Blue Berries and Strawberries still coming on.


But the real deal here is that in twelve days I will be in this sweet homestead.




 Over three hundred miles from the current one. But only one sixth of the time to both of the kiddos and my sister. Smaller by 37 acres, no rocks and gentle rolling to mostly flat terrain. I think it is a deal. And since all the inspections coming and going have been done, the financial end organized and approved plus several rooms already packed up and utilities plus internet plus phone plus trash pick up are in place I think it is just a cat hair shy of  a done deal.




11 comments:

Leigh said...

I was wondering how things were coming along. Sounds like excellently! Very happy to hear that, and so thankful all is working out so well for you!

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

That looks like a great place! And so much closer to family, too! Hope the last few details go smoothly for you. -Jenn

Mama Pea said...

Twelve days until your new life starts! Not that you would have chosen this to be, but I admire how strong you've been in making decisions that had to be made. And I'm thankful from afar that you have your supportive and loving family at your side as you move along. (Literally, even!) Keep the updates coming as there are many of us out here keeping you in our thoughts.

wisps of words said...

August 2!!!! W-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l!!!!! I wish you all the best, in your brand new Life On A Farm!!!!

Lots and lots of gentle hugs...

Goatldi said...

Thank you so much Leigh! Whenever I find myself in an "I don't think I can do it" rut I cruise over to your blog and soak up the inspiration. Then with determination recharged from all your amazing post I press on.

Goatldi said...

Thanks Jenn. I do too. Burps not bumps!lol

Goatldi said...

Mama Pea don't worry I feel the love and support even when I am not on the laptop. I am humbled and grateful to everyone who sends it.

Today after a morning that began less the stellar I sat down on a hay bale and wailed "God I don't think I can finish this journey!" I asked for clarity, intervention and ended with "Push Jesus push!" Then thought of Susan pulled up the band on my big girl panties and carried on.

Moral of story? No matter who we are, where we are or when we are . We can always use "a little help from our friends."

Goatldi said...

Thanks wisps hope your weather is calming down. Sounds like pool time.

Susan said...

Oh, yes. And may the waistbands on our BGPs stand as strong as we do (and last through many more yanks). You are only 12 (less by now) days away from your next adventure. Giant hug to you, my dear.

Lynne said...

So happy for you ,Goatidi ! Now it's on to the next chapter of your life and I feel it will be a good one. Love the house you've chosen. It look so comfy, cozy. I'll be thinking of you. Vegetable look good too! Everybody needs help from time to time!XO

wisps of words said...

Thank you for your comment on my Post, concerning Love of Old Fashioned Blogging... As opposed to the quick, superficial things like IG and Twitter and etc.

I don't get a lot of comments. I'm not one of those blogs, which do. And that's fine. But it make me happy, to see that I seem to have struck a chord, with my post... Many people commented. Many people still love Old Fashioned Blogging! Hooray!!!!

I will take that as Hope!

Gentle hugs,
✨✨✨